When you’re looking to bring your A-game with the 4th of July decor, entertaining, and planning — it can sometimes be difficult to see the entire vision. We wanted to get some simple recipes, decor ideas, and more to help this summertime sensation become your new favorite holiday!
4th of July Decor Inspirations
At Decorator’s Warehouse, we’re all about simple and fun things that make a huge statement with your family and friends. Visually, you want your decor, food, and event to work cohesively. Since we’re traditionally a Christmas decor store, we love bringing our tree out for all events! And this 4th of July themed Christmas tree incorporates all the best summer elements that you can use from Memorial Day on. With the tree as the highlight, we kept the centerpiece simple — and let the great food do the talking!
We love these star decor pieces that you can use in the summer and the winter — coupled with starburst lights; white, red, and blue picks; and festive red firework-inspired ribbon, you can use a few or all of these pieces to create a stunning Patriotic Christmas tree. Use our 4-step method to pick out your own collection of red, white, and blue accents!
With the tree as the focal point, the simple yet stunning hydrangeas make the table complete. Accessorize place settings with these adorable star ornaments for added texture and color!
4th of July Food and Menu
Last year, we highlighted all the sweet ingredients — and our families were utterly obsessed with the white chocolate berry trifle cake and frozen cocoa treats! They brought a rich flavor and fresh perspective to the traditional favorites.
But this year, we’re gravitating toward the savory and sweet charcuterie approach — with a dynamic burger bar, easy hand pies, and delicious street corn, everyone will leave happy!
Let’s dive into the prep time and discuss how to achieve this delicious and patriotic spread.
Hamburger Grazing Board
Can anyone resist a tempting charcuterie? Give me some cheese and meat with a bit of spice, and I’ll be set! But this Hamburger board takes everything to the next level and brings out all the possibilities!
I’m not usually the griller in the family, but today, I whipped up these hamburgers on the grill with a few directions from the husband — and I’m pretty proud of how they turned out! Layer with all the toppings you love, add some chips, and bring in a little garnish, and you’ve got yourself a DIY grazing board that is sure to impress!
Slathered Sriracha Street Corn
You know, this stuff is fantastic! It comes together simply and the visual and flavor impact is hard to beat! Download the recipe card for an easy go-to any summer night of the week!
- 8 ears of corn
- Avocado oil
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1/3 cup of mayo
- 1 tbs sriracha sauce
- 3 limes, cut into slices
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Coarse salt
- Chili Powder
- Roll the corn in avocado oil (or olive oil) evenly. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- Heat the grill to high and cook until slightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Combine the mayo, sriracha, and lime juice to taste.
- Slather the cooked corn with the sauce before sprinkling with garnishes — cilantro, cheese, salt, and chili powder.
- Add lime slices to the place for people to add more lime juice as needed!
Red, White, and Blue Fruit Salsa Dip
This dip is another easy one to add to the weekly rotation and your 4th of July food menu! Simply mix all the ingredients the day of and chill before serving with tortilla chips!
- 1 cup of jicama
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1 cup of diced strawberries
- 1 handful of cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped jalapeno, seeded optional
Patriotic Layered Drink
Not much says summer like an ice cold beverage in a tall glass mason jar or fun cup! But you can up the wow factor by layering a refreshing blend of colors and flavors! To get the stacked colors, be sure to pour the highest sugar content drink first, most likely the red juice. Follow with the blue Powerade and top with seltzer water or sprite zero.
Be sure to fill the cup with lots of ice and pour very slowly to keep the effect.
Festive Summer Mini Cherry and Blueberry Pies
You can go all out and create a masterpiece from scratch, or you can opt to make these adorable mini pies that are easy on the eyes, easy to eat, and even easier to love!
One amazing thing about these pies is the versatility - you could add whatever you like to the filling to spice it up or bring in some homemade whipped cream or vanilla ice cream to add the final touch! Never mind that they serve as a secondary 4th of July decor piece with their adorable coloring and texture. They are just so yummy!
- 2-9” store-bought pie crusts
- Cherry pie filling and blueberry pie filling (or apple or strawberry!)
- 1 egg white beaten
- Sugar for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a normal-sized muffin tin.
- Use a cookie cutter or glass to make approximately 4” circles.
- Insert the circles into the muffin tin and gently press into the bottom and sides.
- Fill with your filling of choice.
- Optional - make the lattice crust. Gently cut thin strips of dough with a pizza cutter and lace them together to make the lattice. Cut out with another glass and gently lift to place on the tops of the pies. You may need to clean up the edges with scraps of dough.
- Brush the tops with the egg whites and top with sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the crust is golden.
- Let them cool for 20-30 minutes before taking them out.
- Using a knife or a spoon, gently pry the crust from the edges and lift out of the tin.
- Arrange on your platter and enjoy!
4th of July Fruit Pizza for Dessert
And last but not least, enjoy a delightful cookie pizza with fresh fruit to top the day off!
- Refrigerated pre-made sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ½ tsp of vanilla
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 lb of strawberries
- 1 qt of blueberries
- 1 tbs of Apricot juice
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Spread the cookie dough on a greased pizza pan. Bake for 14-16 minutes until golden.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and spread over cooled crust.
- Arrange the fruit as the last layer. Sprinkle apricot juice on top to preserve.
- Refrigerate until cold. Cut in wedges and serve.
A 4th of July to Remember
And there you have it! If you take a bit a time to plan, you can recreate this simple yet stunning fete for your friends and family! Enjoy the best 4th of July decor, recipes, and more and make memories that will last a lifetime. And if you put together any of these recipes and decor inspirations - we want to see them! Share them on social using #DWchristmas