Top Trends in Christmas Home Decor for 2020
It is never too early to start thinking and planning for Christmas! We’ve reviewed why you should consider creating a themed Christmas tree, how to create a themed Christmas tree, and today we will take a look at some of the current Christmas home decor trends for your tree!
At Decorator's Warehouse, we start buying for the following holiday season in December. So while everyone is still picking out Christmas gifts and are knee-deep in the middle of holiday decorating and entertaining, we are attending markets and curating looks for next year! We love our role as industry experts, and we joyfully anticipate seeing our customers’ reactions on the new featured looks!
Without further ado, here are the top trends in Christmas home decor for 2020!
- 1.) Navy – The Pantone color for 2020 is Classic Blue. This color had a significant influence on the home décor industry, as you see it in furniture, accessories, paint, and even Christmas décor! Navy pairs beautifully with so many colors, including white and/or silver, gold, platinum/champagne, blush, and even red. If you have navy accents in your home, definitely consider bringing navy into your holiday décor!
- 2.) Platinum – Platinum has taken over the industry as the neutral of choice! This tone falls between silver and gold and tends to be a little softer.
An elegant accent, it can be paired with virtually any color — red, navy, blush, taupe, black, and so on. Add it with ivory or onto a flocked tree for an exquisite glam look. You can include it in your wilderness themes to create a touch of rustic elegance. You can’t go wrong adding platinum to your tree!
- 3.) Metal — This fun element is great to add in your holiday cheer. Think large oversized jingle bells, tabletop pieces, and tin ornaments. Not feeling brave enough to add some large-scale pieces to your tree? Consider doing a mixed metal theme and focus on golds, silvers, and platinum.
- 4.) Buffalo Check – This trend isn’t exactly new, since buffalo check plaid is just a good, solid choice around the holidays! You can find items in both red and black or white and black. For a new take, pair some burlap with your white and black buffalo check.
- 5.) Gingerbread — Gingerbread men and houses are a classic when it comes to Christmas, but this year you will see a resurgence of playful pastels and fun colors — which is a new take on an old favorite. Think cupcakes, ice cream cones, marshmallows, and all the tasty treats that will make your Christmas decor that much sweeter.
- 6.) Nutcracker — This is one of our favorite new trends in Christmas decor ideas for 2020! The nutcracker theme takes on a whimsical elegance, as it incorporates fun colors of red, green, gold, and navy. Consider placing nutcrackers into the body of your tree or bringing in a playful plaid or nutcracker ribbon. This look is sure to inspire dreamy images of sugar plum fairies and dazzling Christmas parties.
- 7.) Farmhouse- The Farmhouse trend is still going very strong and is sure to incite feelings of nostalgia this Christmas. Farmhouse elements include cozy plaid prints, rustic details like berries, natural woods, and even aged metals. This trend can consist of a more neutral palette or be full of bright red berries.
- 8.) Neutral Decor- Neutral color palettes are all the rage. With trends in home decor being inclusive of soft gray tones, white and greige, it makes sense that neutral color schemes would have a place in Christmas decor. Popular looks are soft glam tones or a rustic woodland look, as seen below.
There you have it, our top trends in Christmas home decor for 2020! You’ll see these looks from living rooms to wrapping paper motifs and Christmas stockings. We’ve taken you on a Christmas tour of elegant platinums and cozy farmhouse elements to whimsical pastels. What are your favorite trends?